Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dirty Word



In some cases, technology has really run a-muck on us as humans.  It began with turning us into a microwave society wanting what we want immediately; now we’ve become an internet society and the situation has become more pronounced.  Any information that we want, it’s literally at our fingertips.  At times, we’ve become impatient and intolerant of people that can’t keep up.  Not blaming it all on technology, but Patience has become a dirty word.  The affect that impatience has on our behavior and attitude can easily spill over into other areas of our lives.

We’ve been taught that Patience is a virtue, which I believe is true; something that we need to monitor throughout our entire existence.  Our attitudes can change the atmosphere or mood around us along with whatever setting we’re in.  Your patience can have an infectious effect on those that you work with and work for.  An old Proverb says that a soft answer turns away wrath or a gentle and kind rebuttal can defuse the hostility from a conversation.

With that said; I believe that the person being patient has the most affect or give the most benefit to the person being patient.  It shows maturity; speaks volumes to their ability to fix the problem and not the blame; it shows the willingness to hear someone out in an attempt to fully understand the situation; it shows that for the time being they are not taking the situation personal; in essence it makes a better you.  If we all could adopt this attitude, I believe we could do a better job with life.

I am not without fault here.  As I write this and look at my attitude as it pertains to patience, I realize that I have a lot of work to do.  I desire to be a better me, so putting in the work is not the issue.  This issue is realizing within me when I become agitated and frustrated which leads to my impatience.  If I can head it off at the pass really works for me.  I’ve been successful with this strategy in the pass, but maintaining this place of calm and control sometimes is illusive.

Although I may lose control and my patience wears thin, I know that I can do this; I know that you can do this.  Truly our demonstrating patience has the most effect on us rather than those that we interact with.  Let’s continue the work; we have a brand new day to practice, make the most of it.

This has been your 80 seconds of encouragement.

Tims2Centz

No comments:

Post a Comment