Thursday, May 1, 2014

House Calls



“When my ship comes in.” The first time I heard this saying, it was strange, but I understood because of the context that was used.  I understood it to mean, when things turn around for me or when I receive this huge blessing that will resolve all of my financial problems.

The quote of today has a similar meaning, but with a caveat.  We should prepare ourselves for success as much possible.  When opportunity knocks we should be ready, willing, and able; if nothing else, simply ready to answer the door. 
 
You never know what life has in store for you.  Opportunity may present herself to you the way you’ve imagined and desired; or she may throw you a curve ball and come at you from left field.  Either way, answering the door or call is essential for moving forward.  I can’t remember who used this quote, but in essence it said; “Even if you don’t know how to do what opportunity is asking of you, say yes anyway and then learn how to do it.”

Today’s quote is not for the faint of heart, nor for the timid; it’s for the bold and daring.  This is for those that have an abundant amount of confidence, grit, and gumption to go out and make things happen; for those that know what they want and know how to get it.
 
There may come a time in your life where you have a stroke of genius or a flash of brilliance.  The idea comes and not only can you picture the small beginning, but you can see it all the way to fruition; seeing the big picture if I may.  In your minds eye you can see the success of your idea, although you haven’t lifted a finger.

During these times you must make a decision; do I sit on the sidelines or do I go out and do something about it.  If you pursue it, you first must count up the cost, or determine where you are, what you need, and a strategy for getting to where you want to go.  My Pastor, Steven W. Banks, taught me to start where I am, use what I have, and do what I can do.

After determining your path, if it’s the latter of doing something about it and you have the resources, then it’s time to go to work.  If opportunity did not come to your door, go to hers and knock - hard.  You might hear many saying “No”; don’t let that deter you; no is only the opposite of what you want to hear.  You only need one yes.  Whatever it is that you want to do, do it with all your heart; leave nothing on the table – go all in – hold nothing back; remember no regrets.

This has been your 80 seconds of encouragement.

Tims2Centz

No comments:

Post a Comment