Thursday, April 3, 2014

Wealth & Riches



 
One day while riding along the freeway with my wife and a couple of friends, one of our friends asked for pizza.  I was unfamiliar with the area so I asked my wife to pull something up on the GPS.

We exited the freeway in hopes of finding a pizza chain restaurant.  After readjusting our trajectory (we were lost) we found a real pizzeria.  We got the pizza to go and got back on the road.  My friend remarked that she would remember this trip because of the great conversation and the adventure of finding authentic pizza.  She further stated that life was about making great memories.

Those words stuck with me.  At times we get so busy with life that we forget to live.  We’re just so busy earning a living taking care of this or that task, that we miss out on living.  We get so wrapped up with obtaining the necessities of life that it passes us by.  As a child, it seemed like a day took a week to pass; now it’s like the opposite is true; weeks pass as days.
   
As I get older, I’ve come to realize the most important things in life are not money, houses, or cars.  Don’t get me wrong they have their place; arguably we all want those things, but the most important things are our relationship with God and Family, along with the time to enjoy them. 
   
The importance of making great memories, for me, was revolutionary. I never stopped to think how such a small or easy thing could have great impact.  Such things as attending a child’s recital or making it to one of their soccer games; being present and cheering them on when they are recognized or awarded for achievements.  These things make a big impression on their little minds and hearts; it says that they cared for.

Those things that we do with and for others are what make life so grand.  Expensive or not, it only matters if it’s done with a sincere heart.  Be present, in the moment; tomorrow is not promised.  You have the here and now to make it memorable.  It doesn’t take much; sometimes it’s the simple little things that can bring so much joy.

Take the time to make a lasting memory with someone you love today.  They will appreciate it, the two of you will create something special that you share, and the memory will last a lifetime.

It’s hard to surprise my wife, but I still try.  I created a special occasion to do it called “Just Cause” days; flowers or candy usually do the trick.  So fill your life with great memories and be the wealthiest person on earth.

This has been your 80 seconds of encouragement.

Tims2Centz

No comments:

Post a Comment